Saturday, June 25, 2011

New unfinished , untitled poem - about bim

My heart will always be,
On the Cave Hill,
By the Carib sea.

I came to feast my eyes ,
on Turqouise waters ,
And Vanilla Clouds
and taste wisdom
through distilled knowledge.

But I found my spirit sustained,
by morsels of friendship,
a ship spiced ,
with a dozen islands worth
of dialect.

I Tasted Creole verbs,
and found them much like the patois
of my mother tongue .

When I lick my lips,
I still taste the salt of paradise beach,
And salty sweet memories of pink sunsets.
Forever bittersweet.

I am still hung-over , feverish and dazed ,
from long Caribbean nights,
And maybe half-a bottle of Malibu in wasted potential ,
what if’s , maybes’ and could have beens .

But those nights mixed with golden rum and melted into golden mornings ,
staring at the silver sea would be all we ever need.
Coconut flavored memories.

I slept on unrequited love,
On white sand with the gentle roar of the ocean as my lullaby,
On hopes that became dreams , and became illusions ,
On memories of you walking by my side at night.

We could never tell when those perfect nights would end,
Our eyes would always be looking to the west ,
For those perfect sunsets , pink purple and rose red,
But when the sun rose in the east ,
Ending the hours we laughed together,
We could never tell the exact moment when
perfection ended

And we’d be called into bed ,
to dream poor dreams that had none of the magic
of living in pleasant view,
the magic of waking up every morning
to a sea that stole the blue of the sky ,
and invited you to come lose yourself in her embrace,
So she could steal your heart,
and leave you with memories,
and no regrets ,
only sighs .

No comments: